TIG Reporting Requirements
- Milestone Reporting & Payment Requests
- Milestone Modifications & Extensions
- Budget Modifications
- TIG Final Reports
- TIG Evaluation Plans
- TIG Compliance Guidance
Milestone Reporting & Payment Requests
Grants awarded through the Technology Initiative Grant (TIG) program require recipients to report and request payments as they complete work on their projects. Generally, milestone payment periods are every six months, with reporting due 30 days after the end of the period. So if the payment period ends on June 30, the report is due no later than July 30.
Here are the steps to submit a TIG milestone report and request a payment:
- Login to LSC Grants and select the TIG link from the home page.
- Go to TIG Milestone Reporting, find the TIG number and the appropriate Payment Number (Status will be Incomplete).
- Click on the TIG number beside the Payment number to access the reporting for that payment.
- Input your response to each milestone in the Grantee Response boxes, following any special instructions for each milestone. Please note: do not input any special formatting, such as bullets, tables or pictures.
- Provide detailed information to show how the milestone was completed. Indicate when it was completed and by whom. Indicate any attachments and how they support or verify the work. Click Save at the bottom of the page before attaching any items.
- Upload any attachments to support the completion of the milestone, such as agendas, screenshots, contracts, training documents, surveys, etc.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for each milestone in the payment period.
- Click Save and Continue and then View PDF to review the report.
- Submit the Report.
- Return to the LSC Grants home page – the Status for the payment period submitted should now indicate “Complete”.
To help ensure more accurate and complete reporting, we have developed a TIG Milestone Reporting Checklist . We strongly recommend that grantees work through the entire document as they prepare their reports.
In addition, nearly all TIG Grants require approved evaluation plans and final reports. The Evaluation Plans and Final Reports sections below provide guidance on preparing these materials.
Milestone Modifications & Extensions
If a grantee cannot timely complete the milestones for a payment period, it is required to ask for an extension of the due date to allow for the completion of the milestones. Grantees may request extensions of their payment request deadlines and overall grant terms; however, LSC retains sole discretion over whether to approve these extensions. All extension requests should be made in writing via email to the TIG Grant Administrator or firstname.lastname@example.org. It may not be made by anyone other than the grantee.
Payment Request Extensions
Requests for extensions must be made to the Grant Administrator prior to the end of the payment period in which an extension is being sought. After a payment period deadline has passed, extensions or waivers will need the approval of both the Grant Administrator and the Director of the Office of Program Performance.
In a payment request extension, the grantee must address:
- what progress it has made towards achieving the payment request's milestones;
- which milestone(s) cannot be met;
- the reason the milestones cannot be met;
- the date by which the milestones are expected to be completed.
Grant Term Extensions
Grantees may also request extensions of their overall grant term. The TIG grant term is defined as the period of time the grantee has to complete a TIG project and all associated grant reporting. Grant term extensions should be made via email to the project's Grant Administrator or to email@example.com. For specific requirements of the of the grant term extension request, grantees should contact their Grant Administrator.
Requests to extend a grant term will be subject to a higher level of review if the grantee makes the request after the end of the grant term. Accordingly, grantees should submit their requests as early possible.
Any request by the grantee to move, modify, or eliminate a milestone must be in writing via email to either firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Grants Administrator. It may not be made by anyone other than the grantee. Milestone modification requests should be made prior to the end of payment period in which the milestone is to be completed.
In the email, the grantee will state what progress it has made toward achieving the milestones for the period and why it needs a milestone to be moved, modified, or eliminated. The main consideration in granting milestone modifications is the reasonableness of the request.
In addition to moving or changing the milestone, it may be necessary to modify the budget and payment amounts to reflect the new scope of work for the amended milestones. For example, if the grantee was to buy a large amount of equipment for the period and this purchase has to be delayed until a subsequent period, this change is reflected in the amount of the payment. The Grants Administrator discusses this with the grantee so any such changes are clear. If needed, a new budget is submitted by the grantee for review and approval.
TIG recipients must obtain prior written approval for changes to the TIG funding portion of the project budget (Column A on the LSC Grants budget) when either (1) cumulative changes exceed the greater of 10% of the total grant amount or $10,000 or (2) an individual line item adjustment exceeds 20 percent of the affected budget line item and represents a change of at least $5,000. Cumulative changes of less than $10,000 and individual line item adjustments of less than $5,000 do not require approval.
Any request by the grantee to modify the Budget must be in writing via email to either email@example.com or to the Grant Administrator. (The current Grant Administrators are Glenn Rawdon, Jane Ribadeneyra, and David Bonebrake.) It may not be made by anyone other than the grantee. In the email, the grantee states 1) what changes are needed; and 2) the reason(s) for the change. The Grant Administrator will notify grantee of approval/disapproval and if approved, a modified budget will be created and saved in LSC Grants. Please note that although LSC requires that recipients obtain prior approval of budget changes when feasible, TIG recipients should also still seek approval of modifications if they realize it is necessary after the expense has been incurred.
TIG Final Reports
The TIG final report analyzes a project's effectiveness and impact. It should clearly articulate and provide necessary documentation about the following:
- Project goals and objectives
- Progress toward achieving the goals and objectives
- Factors affecting project accomplishments and strategies employed to address major challenges
- Major lessons and recommendations
The Final Project Report Form provides the necessary forms and guidelines for the preparation and submission of required final reports for TIG grants. The approved TIG evaluation plan should provide a helpful analytical framework and identify essential data sets for the final report.
Submission of a final report approved by LSC, and final grant budget represent the final project milestones.
Final Report Samples and Replicable Projects
There have been many successful TIG Projects since the program began in 2000. The ones that lend themselves to replication are:
- Projects where software or content has already been created and is available to your program at little or no costs or
- Have demonstrated a proof of concept and methodology to improve service delivery or program efficiency that could be duplicated by your program.
What follows is a list of projects LSC recommends you consider for your organization.