VIDEO: LSC’s 2015 Technology Initiative Grants (TIG) Conference Sessions
The 2015 Technology Initiative Grants (TIG) Conference, held in January in San Antonio, Texas, was LSC’s most successful and well-attended technology event yet. The conference once again brought together LSC grantees and members of the technology community to explore effective uses of technology in legal aid and to cultivate project ideas that could lead to successful TIG applications.
- New mobile initiatives, new approaches to delivering content and online forms, and how statewide websites advance innovations in the field. Project coordinators from Connecticut, New York, and Illinois discussed their initiatives, and how they can be replicated;
- The use of expert systems as force multipliers for legal services, including: intake, navigation and triage, immigration, Medicaid appeals, consumer debt and landlord-tenant, veterans' medical care, and unemployment benefits;
- Demonstrating accomplishments, improving services, and fostering replication;
- Existing and forthcoming technologies that help in decision-making, including both the choice of technology and the technology of choice;
- Engaging pro bono attorneys in virtual law practice; and
- Considerations and best practices in designing and upgrading legal technology with sensitivity to gender identity and expression, racial and ethnic diversity, disability, and 508 compliance.