|Current Funding from Congress1||$385,000,000|
|Inflation-Adjusted Funding Necessary to Match LSC’s Largest Appropriation of $420 million in FY 20102||$465 million (2016 dollars necessary to match 2010 appropriation)|
|Average Percentage of Grantee Funding from LSC3||36.8%|
|Number of People Now Eligible for LSC-funded Assistance4||59 million|
|Percentage of Population Eligible for LSC-funded Assistance5||18.6%|
|Total Number of People in all Households Served by LSC Grantees 6||1,790,667|
|Breakdown of People Served by Gender7||Women: 72%, Men: 28%|
|Total Cases Closed Nationwide7||736,404|
|Total Number of Veterans Served by LSC Grantees7||100,000|
|Number of LSC Grantees7||134|
|Number of LSC Grantee Offices7||820 Offices|
|Total Number of Staff at LSC Grantees7||9,287|
|Average Salary of LSC Grantee Staff Attorneys, (0-5 years of experience)7||
2017 Income Eligibility for LSC-funded Services (125% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines by household size as determined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)8
$15,075 for individual, $30,750 for family of four
- 1. Public Law 114-254.
- 2. Legal Services Corporation, Office of Data Governance and Analysis. Calculation based on deflator in the Executive Office of the President, Office of Management and Budget, Budget of the United States Government, Fiscal Year 2016, Historical Tables, “Table 1.3—Summary of Receipts, Outlays, and Surpluses or Deficits (–) In Current Dollars, Constant (FY 2009) Dollars, and as Percentages of GDP: 1940-2021.”
- 3. Legal Services Corporation, Office of Data Governance and Analysis, Legal Services Corporation, 2015 Grant Activity Reports.
- 4. United State Bureau of the Census, 2015 American Community Survey 1-year Estimates, Table S1701, Poverty Status in the Past 12 Months.
- 5. United State Bureau of the Census, 2015 American Community Survey 1-year Estimates, Table S1703, Selected Characteristics of People at Specified Levels of Poverty in The Past 12 Months.
- 6. LSC, Office of Data Governance and Analysis, Legal Services Corporation, 2015 Grant Activity Reports.
- 7. a. b. c. d. e. f. g. Id.
- 8. Click here for Federal Register Notice with LSC income eligibility guidelines for all household sizes.