Technology and Communications Specialist | Legal Action of Wisconsin, Inc.
Technology and Communications Specialist
Legal Action of Wisconsin, Inc. is accepting applications for the position of Technology and Communications Specialist.
The position will work closely with the Technology and Communications Manager in providing technical support to the day-to-day technology and communications operations at Legal Action.
The position will support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals, includes installing, maintaining, diagnosing, repairing and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The applicant will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user support and training where required.
This position will also work with the Technology and Communications Manager to complete special projects including updating the firm’s client management database; converting Legal Action’s application suite to Office365, and upgrading its email system.
The position is located at the administrative office, at 230 West Wells Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin but some travel to the six branch offices will be required.
Applicants should be well organized, reliable, have good communication skills, be able to work well individually and harmoniously with others. Applicants also must possess the ability to accept increasingly more responsible assignments. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL ACTION OF WISCONSIN, INC: Legal Action of Wisconsin, Inc. is a non-profit corporation which provides free civil legal services to low income persons in the thirty-nine counties in the southern half of Wisconsin. Legal Action also operates a statewide agricultural farm worker project and a special project for elderly clients. The current budget is approximately $10 million/year, a staffing level of 124 positions and approximately 50 funding sources. Offices are maintained in Milwaukee, Madison, Racine, Green Bay, Oshkosh, and La Crosse.
Under the direction of the firm's Technology and Communications Manager, the Technology and Communications Specialist will be assigned responsibilities within the daily operations of the firm's technology and communications system.
- Provide helpdesk support and services to Legal Action staff
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot a Windows server environment
- Troubleshoot and maintain LAN and WAN networks
- Resolve hardware/software/networking issues
- Provide first level support to a Mitel IP phones system
- Devise and execute plans for hardware and software upgrades/rollouts
- Create and maintain network and systems documentation
- Work with current vendors for IT support and maintenance
- Assist in technology planning, setting technology business objectives, technology project management, technology related reporting, and technology grant writing
- Monitor evolving technologies which may enhance the delivery of Legal Action’s services
The position may also be assigned other technology, communications and miscellaneous responsibilities, as needed. The position will also be expected to perform other duties related to the administration of the firm which may not be related to the duties described above. Typical working hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The position occasionally may require duties that are outside of the typical business hours due to server maintenance; networking issues, system upgrades, or travel.
DESIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of Windows 2008 Active Directory or higher, Exchange 2010, Terminal Services, Citrix Xenapp 6.5
- Knowledge of networking technologies including router and switch administration
- Microsoft SQL administration
- Workstation setup and imaging
- Ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Well developed problem-solving, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated with the ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Minimum of an associates degree in Computer Networking Specialist or similar; bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 2 years of experience in IT help desk support and computer networking or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Server/Active Directory, Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10, Microsoft Office Applications
- Applicant must have reliable transportation as occasional travel between branch offices may be necessary.
The salary for the Technology and Communications Specialist position is competitive. Employee benefits currently include health, dental, long-term disability and life insurance plans, a profit-sharing plan, two weeks vacation, four personal days and twelve sick days per year. The position is governed by the Legal Action of Wisconsin, Inc. Personnel Policies which are subject to unilateral change by the Legal Action Board of Directors. As with any Legal Action position, there is no guaranteed period of employment and employment is Aat will@, subject to termination at any time.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons should submit:
- a full resume summarizing your work experience and qualifications,
- at least three professional references and
- a cover letter explaining interest in the position to:
Mr. Jason Jaworski
Technology and Communications Manager
Legal Action of Wisconsin, Inc.,
230 West Wells Street, Room 800,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203
(When using email, all attachments must be in PDF.)
Written material will be reviewed and selected applicants will be interviewed. The position will be open until filled but early submittal of application materials is encouraged.
Legal Action of Wisconsin, Inc. is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.