The Legal Services Corporation (LSC) published for public comment a proposed final rule to implement the statutorily required amendments in the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Improvement Act of 2016. LSC is also making technical changes to Part 1602 to improve the structure and clarity of its FOIA regulations.
- Proposed Final Rule—Part 1602: Procedures for Disclosure of Information Under the Freedom of Information Act
The final rule is effective on December 15, 2016, unless LSC receives substantive adverse comments during the comment period. Written comments were accepted through November 30, 2016. Questions can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, please use the subject "Part 1602 Proposed Final Rule."
Cost Standards and Property Management, Acquisition, and Disposal
45 CFR Part 1630 and the Property Acquisition and Management Manual
Information about this rulemaking and the related workshops appears at the Rulemaking—Cost Standards and Property Management, Acquisition, and Disposal webpage.
45 CFR Parts 1610, 1627, and 1630 - Use of Non-LSC Funds, Transfer of LSC Funds, Program Integrity; Subgrants and Membership Fees or Dues; Cost Standards and Procedures
LSC is considering updating the rules governing awards of LSC funds from primary grantees to other entities as subgrants to perform grant activities. If you have questions about the rulemaking or need additional information, please contact Stefanie K. Davis, Assistant General Counsel, at email@example.com or 202-295-1563.
Final Rule Consideration
Board Briefing on Revisions to Final Rule—Nov. 22, 2016
Operations & Regulations Committee Consideration of Final Rule—October 16, 2016
Further Proposed Rulemaking (FNPRM)—April 2016
- Operations & Regulations Committee Meeting Transcript—Consideration of FNPRM | April 18, 2016 (pp. 46–68)
- FNPRM—Part 1627 Subgrants and Membership Fees or Dues | April 26, 2016
Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM)—April 2015
- Operations and Regulations Committee Meeting Transcript—Consideration of NPRM | April 12, 2015 (pp. 7–31)
- NPRM—Parts 1610, 1627, and 1630 proposed rule for public comment | April 20, 2015
- Extension of comment deadline to June 10, 2015.
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers, June 10, 2015
- National Legal Aid & Defender Association, June 10, 2015
- Legal Services Corporation—Office of the Inspector General, June 10, 2015
- American Bar Association through the Standing Committee on Legal Aid & Indigent Defendants, June 8, 2015
- Northwest Justice Project, May 19, 2015
- Colorado Legal Services, March 5, 2015