2016 Technology Initiative Grants (TIG) Conference
Thanks to everyone who attended LSC's 2016 TIG Conference. We have posted conference presentation materials and videos of some sessions.
The annual Technology Initiative Grants (TIG) Conference is the only national event focused exclusively on the use of technology in the legal aid community. The conference provides a unique opportunity to learn about effective uses of technology to support legal aid services, network with a national community of colleagues, and cultivate project ideas that could lead to successful TIG applications.
Who Should Attend
- TIG recipients
- IT staff
- Project managers
- Executive directors
- Legal services administrators
- Website coordinators
- Document assembly developers and project managers
- Pro bono coordinators
- Software vendors
- Anyone with an interest in how to use technology in the delivery of legal services
What Can I Learn
Session topics will cover a range of issues such as how the use of technology can enhance internal legal services operations, improve client services, address access and triage issues and effectively provide legal information to low-income people, including how to:
- provide tools to improve limited scope or self-representation for those persons whom legal aid organizations are not able to represent fully
- improve the efficiency and effectiveness of access, triage, and intake
- encourage and support pro bono
- deliver legal services remotely to hard-to-reach populations
- provide legal services staff and pro bono advocates with better litigation and case development support
- improve management and internal operations in legal aid offices, including the use of
- case management systems
- phone systems
- document management
- business continuity planning
- networks and security
- project management
There will be an opportunity to exchange information in more informal Affinity Group sessions, which attendees help to determine at the time of registration. An ignite-style plenary called Rapid Fire Tech provides fast-paced presentations that highlight technology project successes, new ideas, and lessons learned.
The official Twitter hashtag for the conference is #LSCTIG.