2017 Technology Initiative Grants (TIG) Conference
Join us January 11-13, 2017 in San Antonio, TX for the 17th annual Technology Initiative Grants (TIG) Conference. The TIG Conference brings together technologists, legal aid advocates, court personnel, academics and other professionals to exchange ideas and explore innovative ways of using technology to promote full access and high-quality legal representation for low-income people. The conference also provides an opportunity to network with a national community of colleagues and to cultivate project ideas that could lead to successful TIG applications.
The Legal Services Corporation (LSC) received session proposals for the 2017 TIG Conference through August 12, 2016. At the 2016 TIG Conference there were over 40 break-out sessions and 300 attendees.
There willl be four types of conference sessions:
- Workshop Session (75 minutes)
- Rapid Fire Talks (6-minute lightning talk at a plenary)
- Affinity Groups (informal 60-minute discussion group)
- Hands-On Labs or Technology Demos (75 minutes)
Who Should Attend
- Legal aid advocates
- Document assembly developers and project managers
- Private attorneys
- Pro bono coordinators
- Software vendors
- Anyone with an interest in how to use technology in the delivery of legal services
What Can I Learn
Session topics will cover a range of issues such as how the use of technology can enhance internal legal services operations, improve client services, address access and triage issues and effectively provide legal information to low-income people, including how to:
- provide tools to improve limited scope or self-representation for those persons whom legal aid organizations are not able to represent fully
- improve the efficiency and effectiveness of access, triage, and intake
- encourage and support pro bono
- deliver legal services remotely to hard-to-reach populations
- provide legal services staff and pro bono advocates with better litigation and case development support
- improve management and internal operations in legal aid offices, including the use of
- case management systems
- phone systems
- document management
- business continuity planning
- networks and security
- project management
There will be an opportunity to exchange information in more informal Affinity Group sessions, which attendees help to determine at the time of registration. An ignite-style plenary called Rapid Fire Tech provides fast-paced presentations that highlight technology project successes, new ideas, and lessons learned.
Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk, 111 E. Pecan St., San Antonio, TX. The room rate is $120 per night plus applicable taxes and fees. The conference room block will open shortly.
Registration for the 2017 TIG Conference will open by October, 2016.
The official Twitter hashtag for the conference is #LSCTIG.