2016 Technology Initiative Grants Conference
16th Annual TIG Conference
January 13-15, 2016
San Antonio, TX
LSC’s Technology Initiative Grant (TIG) Conference is the only national event focused exclusively on the use of technology in the legal aid community. The conference provides a unique opportunity to learn about effective uses of technology in legal aid, network with a national community of colleagues and cultivate project ideas that could lead to successful TIG applications.
Who Should Attend: TIG recipients, IT staff, project managers, executive directors, legal services administrators, website coordinators, document assembly developers and project managers, attorneys, pro bono coordinators, academics, judges, software vendors, or anyone with an interest in how to use technology in the delivery of legal services.
What Can I Learn: LSC is soliciting specific session proposals for the 2016 conference, but typically topics relate to how the use of technology can:
- Provide tools to improve limited scope or self-representation for those persons whom legal aid organizations are not able to represent fully;
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of access, triage and intake;
- Encourage and support pro bono;
- Address Limited English Proficiency (LEP) and other special needs populations;
- Deliver legal services remotely to hard to reach populations;
- Provide legal services staff and pro bono advocates with better litigation and case development support.
Improve management and internal operations in legal aid offices, including the use of:
- Case Management Systems
- Phone Systems
- Document Management
- Technology Planning
- Networks and Security
- Project Management
Networking Opportunities: There will be an opportunity to exchange information in more informal 'Affinity Group' sessions that attendees help to determine at registration, and an 'Ignite' style plenary called 'RAPID FIRE TECH' to provide some fast-paced presentations highlighting technology project successes, new ideas and lessons learned.
Conference Registration: Will open in October, 2015. This conference was sold-out in 2014 and 2015, so plan on registering early.
Hotel Information: To be announced.
For more information, see the 2015 TIG Conference page for presentation materials and videos, or view detailed 2015 TIG Conference session information, schedule and attendees.