Research & Data
Access data on civil legal needs and services, learn about LSC’s research initiatives, and explore data tools by geography or legal problem area.
LSC engages in research and data collection projects that aim to understand the state of civil legal needs and services in the U.S. and to build the planning, outreach, and service delivery capacity of its grantees. The Office of Data Governance and Analysis (ODGA) leads in collecting, managing, analyzing, reporting, and visualizing the data.
Research Projects & Reports
- The Effect of State & Local Laws on Evictions
- By the Numbers
- Justice Gap (2017) and Justice Gap II (more info coming soon)
- State Court Data Collection (more info coming soon)
- Pew Legal Needs Pilot Project (more info coming soon)
Datasets (coming soon)
- Grantee Activity Reports (annual collection of administrative data from LSC grantees)
- American Community Survey (custom tabulations from the Census Bureau at the LSC Basic Field General service area level)
- Justice Gap (2017)