This proposed rulemaking would revise LSC regulations addressing the use of non-LSC funds by LSC recipients and the requirement that recipients maintain program integrity with respect to other entities that engage in LSC-restricted activities (Part 1610), and also providing cost standards for LSC grants and permiting LSC to question costs when a recipient uses non-LSC funds in violation of LSC rules (Part 1630). LSC proposes technical and stylistic updates to both rules without any substantive changes.
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for 45 C.F.R. Parts 1610 and 1630—Use of Non-LSC Funds, Transfers of LSC Funds, Program Integrity; Cost Standards and Procedures, 84 Fed. Reg 39,787 (Aug. 12, 2019).
- Redline showing changes proposed for Parts 1610 and 1630
The comment period closed on October 11, 2019. Two comments were submitted before the deadline and two after the deadline.
- National Legal Aid and Defender Association Comments on NPRM for Parts 1610 and 1630 (Oct. 11, 2019)
- Northwest Justice Project Comments on NPRM for Parts 1610 and 1630 (Oct. 11, 2019)
- American Bar Association Standing Committee on Legal Aid and Indigent Defendants Comments on NPRM for Parts 1610 and 1630 (Nov. 20, 2019)
- National Association of IOLTA Programs Comments on NPRM for Parts 1610 and 1630 (Jan. 10, 2020)
For further information, please contact Mark Freedman, Senior Associate General Counsel, Legal Services Corporation, 3333 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20007; (202) 295-1623 (phone), (202) 337-6519 (fax), or firstname.lastname@example.org.