LSC's Innovations in Technology Conference
Join us at the Legal Services Corporation's 2024 Innovations in Technology Conference, taking place in Charlotte, NC, from February 1-3, 2024. Hundreds of technologists, legal aid advocates, court personnel, law school professors, pro bono coordinators, and other professionals will gather to explore cutting-edge technology projects that are revolutionizing access to justice and enhancing the provision of high-quality legal representation for low-income individuals. Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to network, connect, and get inspired.
The two-and-a-half-day conference will feature inspiring speakers and break-out sessions, including workshops, hands-on demos, and affinity groups.
Attend the 2024 Innovations in Technology Conference to:
- Explore the transformative power of cutting-edge technology, including the profound impact of artificial intelligence on legal technology and its implications for self-represented litigants.
- Learn about innovative legal information websites and online tools that empower individuals to access crucial legal resources conveniently.
- Gain insights into the internal operations in legal aid offices, including updated baseline technologies, case management systems, and robust cybersecurity measures.
- Discover technology solutions that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of legal services delivery, such as data analysis, streamlined intake/triage processes, and automated document assembly.
- Identify strategies for using technology to encourage and support pro bono involvement and private attorney involvement in providing legal assistance to low-income individuals.
About the Conference
What Can I Learn
Agenda and Registration
The Innovations in Technology Conference grew out of LSC's Technology Initiative Grant (TIG) Program, which seeks to expand access to justice by promoting technological innovations in legal services delivery and pro se assistance. The conference brings together technologists, legal aid advocates, court personnel, law school professors, pro bono coordinators, and other professionals to showcase technology projects and tools being implemented across the country and internationally to promote access to justice and high-quality legal representation for low-income people. The conference also provides an opportunity to network with a community of colleagues and to cultivate project ideas that could lead to future TIG awards.
ITC24 will take place February 1-3, 2024, at the Westin Charlotte in North Carolina.
Professionals from every arm of the legal aid field attend the ITC:
- Legal aid advocates
- Legal technologists
- Court self-help staff
- Pro bono coordinators
- Private attorneys
- Law school students and professors
- Document assembly developers and project managers
- Law librarians
- Anyone with an interest in how to use technology in the delivery of legal services
Session topics cover a range of issues on how technology can increase access to justice, including:
- tools to improve limited scope or self-representation for those persons whom legal aid organizations are not able to represent fully;
- improving the efficiency and effectiveness of access, triage, and intake;
- encouraging and supporting pro bono;
- cutting edge technology developments for legal services using artificial intelligence;
- delivering legal services remotely to hard-to-reach populations;
- providing legal services staff and pro bono advocates with better litigation and case development support; and
- improving management and internal operations in legal aid offices, including how organizations can meet LSC's new performance criteria around technology.
See session information, videos, and materials from past conferences.
ITC24 Registration is now open. Early Bird pricing is available until October 20, and group discounts are available for organizations that register five (5) or more ITC Attendee registrations together.
The conference starts on Thursday, February 1 at 8:30 am, and ends on Saturday, February 3 at 12:30 pm. There will be an informal welcome reception on Wednesday, January 31 from 5–6:30 pm.
The detailed ITC24 schedule will be available later this fall. Go to the ITC24 Agenda page for more information.