Technology Initiative Grant Awards: TIG Projects Funded by Year
The key goals of the Technology Initiative Grant (TIG) program are to encourage grantees to use technology in innovative ways to:
- Effectively and efficiently provide high quality legal assistance to low-income persons and to promote access to the judicial system through legal information, advice, and representation;
- Improve service delivery, quality of legal work, and management and administration of grantees; and
- Develop, test, and replicate innovative strategies that can enable grantees and state justice communities to improve clients’ access to high quality legal assistance through an integrated and well managed technology system.
2018 Technology Initiative Grants
In the 2018 cycle, LSC awarded 26 TIGs to 24 legal services organizations in 21 states for a total of nearly $3.9 million. Among the 26 funded initiatives are projects that enhance online self-help resources, expand services to rural communities, and facilitate clients’ ability to seek legal help via text messaging services and voice assistants like Google’s Siri and Amazon’s Alexa.
- Read more about the 2018 TIG awards and the projects funded.
- Click here for the full listing of the 2018 TIG awards with grantee contact information.
Click on the links below for more information on past years' TIG grants, list of awards, and completed TIG cycles.
- Technology Initiative Grants 2017 | Full 2017 Grantee Report with Contact Info
- Technology Initiative Grants 2016 | Full 2016 Grantee Report with Contact Info
- Technology Initiative Grants 2015
- Technology Initiative Grants 2014
- Technology Initiative Grants 2013
- Technology Initiative Grants 2012
- Technology Initiative Grants 2011
- Technology Initiative Grants 2010
A report on TIGs awarded during the first decade of the program describes earlier-funded technology projects.