LSC's Innovations in Technology Virtual Conference
The ITC grew out of LSC's Technology Initiative Grant (TIG) Program, which seeks to expand access to justice by promoting technological innovations in legal services delivery and pro se assistance. It brings together a broad range of professionals to showcase technology projects and tools being implemented across the country and internationally to promote access to justice and high-quality legal representation for low-income people. The conference also provides an opportunity to network with a community of colleagues and to cultivate project ideas that could lead to successful TIG applications.
LSC's 2021 Innovations in Technology Conference (ITC2021) is coming to you virtually. ITC2021 will offer the same great content but re-imagined to work in a virtual environment. There will be pre-recorded presentations and podcasts to spark live discussions, engaging speakers, live interactive sessions, and networking opportunities. We plan to experiment with some other new delivery concepts as well.
ITC Virtual Platform
We are using Whova as our conference platform. We recommend that you watch this short video to help you get the most from the virtual conference platform. You can also review the Whova User Guide. It will answer most of your questions.
Use a Chrome Browser
For the best conference experience, it's important to use a Chrome browser to view the sessions. We recommend having the Chrome browser downloaded in advance.
- Go to the main navigation page and begin to familiarize yourself with the platform functions.
- View the event Agenda and plan your schedule (the time on the agenda is your local time)
- Access Livestreams and Videos directly within sessions (or subsessions), and use the session Q&A to start asking questions. You can vote on questions to be answered.
- Visit the Exhibitors in their virtual booths.
- Search the Attendees tab by name and affiliation and send messages to connect.
- Set up Virtual Meetups with your fellow attendees to connect remotely
- Create and converse through various Discussion Topics in the Community Board
- Get presentation documents and slides (if the event organizer uploaded them)
- JANUARY 12, 2021: 12:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- JANUARY 13, 2021: 12:30 PM - 5:30 PM
- JANUARY 14, 2021: 12:30 PM - 5:30 PM
The 2021 conference will be held January 12-14, 2021. Go to the ITC21 Conference Schedule to see the detailed agenda.
CLE Day - January 11
LSC is partnering with the Practising Law Institute to offer a pre-conference CLE Day programming on Remote Legal Services delivery on January 11, 2021. ITC21 attendees can earn up to 3 CLE credits (including an ethics credit) by indicating your interest in attending on the registration form. The CLE Day will be free for ITC attendees from a legal aid organization, 501(c)(3) non-profit, government organization or who provide pro bono services.
- Legal aid advocates
- Legal technologists
- Court self-help staff
- Pro bono coordinators
- Private attorneys
- Law school students and professors
- Document assembly developers and project managers
- Law librarians
- Anyone with an interest in how to use technology in the delivery of legal services
What Can I Learn
Session topics cover a range of issues on how technology can increase access to justice, including:
- tools to improve limited scope or self-representation for those persons whom legal aid organizations are not able to represent fully;
- improving the efficiency and effectiveness of access, triage, and intake;
- encouraging and supporting pro bono;
- cutting edge technology developments for legal services using artificial intelligence;
- delivering legal services remotely to hard-to-reach populations;
- providing legal services staff and pro bono advocates with better litigation and case development support; and
- improving management and internal operations in legal aid offices, including how organizations can meet LSC's new performance criteria around technology.
Even though the conference will be virtual, it will still include plenty of opportunities to exchange information in more informal affinity group discussions, extended live Q&A sessions, discussion boards, suggestions for connecting with attendees based on interest, and ad hoc live video chats.
The Innovations in Technology Conference offers unique opportunities for companies to demonstrate their corporate leadership in the civil legal aid technology community. LSC is looking for companies to sponsor the 2021 Innovations in Technology Virtual Conference. See the ITC21 Sponsorship Packet for specific opportunities. If your company is interested in sponsorship information, contact Laurel Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 295-1606 to discuss sponsorship options.
Check out our current sponsors: