LSC's Innovations in Technology Virtual Conference
The ITC grew out of LSC's Technology Initiative Grant (TIG) Program, which seeks to expand access to justice by promoting technological innovations in legal services delivery and pro se assistance. It brings together a broad range of professionals to showcase technology projects and tools being implemented across the country and internationally to promote access to justice and high-quality legal representation for low-income people. The conference also provides an opportunity to network with a community of colleagues and to cultivate project ideas that could lead to successful TIG applications.
LSC's 2021 Innovations in Technology Conference (ITC2021) is coming to you virtually. ITC2021 will offer the same great content but re-imagined to work in a virtual environment. There will be pre-recorded presentations and podcasts to spark live discussions, engaging speakers, live interactive sessions, and networking opportunities. We plan to experiment with some other new delivery concepts as well.
Early Conference Registration - $99
The conference registration is now open. Early registration is just $99 through November 6, 2020. Register here for the ITC21. For questions about the conference, please contact us at email@example.com.
Speakers and Workshops
The conference will include keynotes, plenaries, and a variety of break-out sessions, including technology demonstrations, short tech talks, and workshops showcasing best practices and lessons learned. There will also be affinity sessions for informal discussions around topics of interest determined by attendees.
LSC solicited presentation proposals for the 2021 Innovations in Technology Conference on a broad range of topics, including the justice community’s COVID-19 response and recovery efforts. Presentation topics will include:
- Court Technology
- COVID-19 Response and Recovery
- Intake, Triage, Hotlines
- Internal Operations
- IT Systems
- Legal Design/Regulatory Reform/Innovations
- Pro Bono/Private Attorney Involvement
- Remote Service Delivery
- Self-Represented Litigants/Self-Help
- Technology for Advocates
- Websites/Online Tools
Conference Schedule and Agenda
- JANUARY 12, 2021: 12:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- JANUARY 13, 2021: 12:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- JANUARY 14, 2021: 12:30 PM - 5:00 PM
The 2021 conference will be held January 12-14, 2021 and the full schedule and agenda will be announced later this fall. You can view the detailed conference schedule and agenda from the 2020 ITC.
CLE Day - January 11
LSC is partnering with the Practising Law Institute to offer a pre-conference CLE Day programming on Remote Legal Services delivery on January 11, 2021. Earn up to 3 CLE credits (including an ethics credit) by indicating your interest in attending on the registration form. The CLE Day will be free for ITC attendees from a legal aid organization, 501(c)(3) non-profit, government organization or who provide pro bono services.
- Legal aid advocates
- Legal technologists
- Court self-help staff
- Pro bono coordinators
- Private attorneys
- Law school students and professors
- Document assembly developers and project managers
- Law librarians
- Anyone with an interest in how to use technology in the delivery of legal services
What Can I Learn
Session topics cover a range of issues on how technology can increase access to justice, including:
- tools to improve limited scope or self-representation for those persons whom legal aid organizations are not able to represent fully;
- improving the efficiency and effectiveness of access, triage, and intake;
- encouraging and supporting pro bono;
- cutting edge technology developments for legal services using artificial intelligence;
- delivering legal services remotely to hard-to-reach populations;
- providing legal services staff and pro bono advocates with better litigation and case development support; and
- improving management and internal operations in legal aid offices, including how organizations can meet LSC's new performance criteria around technology.
Even though the conference will be virtual, it will still include plenty of opportunities to exchange information in more informal affinity group discussions, extended live Q&A sessions, discussion boards, suggestions for connecting with attendees based on interest, and ad hoc live video chats.
The Innovations in Technology Conference offers unique opportunities for companies to demonstrate their corporate leadership in the civil legal aid technology community. LSC is looking for companies to sponsor the 2021 Innovations in Technology Virtual Conference. See the ITC21 Sponsorship Packet for specific opportunities. If your company is interested in sponsorship information, contact Laurel Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 295-1606 to discuss sponsorship options.
The official Twitter hashtag for the conference is #LSCITC