LSC's Innovations in Technology Conference
The Legal Services Corporation's Innovations in Technology Conference grew out of LSC's Technology Initiative Grant (TIG) Program, which seeks to expand access to justice by promoting technological innovations in legal services delivery and pro se assistance. LSC's Innovations in Technology Conference brings together technologists, legal aid advocates, court personnel, academics and other professionals to showcase technology projects and tools being implemented across the country and internationally to promote access to justice and high-quality legal representation for low-income people. The conference also provides an opportunity to network with a community of colleagues and to cultivate project ideas that could lead to successful TIG applications.
Who Should Attend
- Legal aid advocates
- Legal technologists
- Court Self Help staff
- Pro bono coordinators
- Private attorneys
- Law School Professors
- Document assembly developers and project managers
- Law Librarians
- Anyone with an interest in how to use technology in the delivery of legal services
What Can I Learn
Session topics cover a range of issues on how technology can increase access to justice, including:
- tools to improve limited scope or self-representation for those persons whom legal aid organizations are not able to represent fully;
- improving the efficiency and effectiveness of access, triage, and intake;
- encouraging and supporting pro bono;
- cutting edge technology developments for legal services using artificial intelligence
- delivering legal services remotely to hard-to-reach populations;
- providing legal services staff and pro bono advocates with better litigation and case development support;
- improving management and internal operations in legal aid offices, including how organizations can meet LSC's new performance criteria around technology
The Legal Services Corporation is currently accepting feedback on the proposals received for the 2019 Innovations in Technology Conference. The feedback survey will be open through August 22, 2018.
There are opportunities to exchange information in more informal Affinity Group sessions and dinners, which attendees help to determine at the time of registration. An ignite-style plenary called Rapid Fire Tech provides fast-paced presentations that highlight technology project successes, new ideas, and lessons learned.
The Innovations in Technology Conference offers unique opportunities for companies to demonstrate their corporate leadership in the civil legal aid technology community. LSC is looking for legal, technological, and legal-technological companies to sponsor the 2019 Innovations in Technology Conference this year. If your company is at the forefront of legal or technological innovation, you can learn more about specific opportunities in our ITC 2019 Sponsorship Packet. Contact Emma Johnson at email@example.com or (202) 295-1628 to discuss Sponsorship options further.
Pre-conference activities included a Legal Aid Hackathon and training on developing online forms in LawHelp Interactive.
The JW Marriott New Orleans, 614 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA.
Registration for the 2019 Innovations in Technology Conference will open by October 15, 2018.
The official Twitter hashtag for the conference is #LSCITCon.