LSC's 2018 Innovations in Technology Conference
Join us January 10-12, 2018 in New Orleans, LA for LSC's Innovations in Technology Conference. After 17 years as the Technology Initiative Grants (TIG) Conference, we are changing the name to reflect the growing community of people who now attend the conference to share ideas and explore innovative ways of using technology to promote access to justice in civil legal aid. LSC's Innovations in Technology Conference will bring together technologists, legal aid advocates, court personnel, academics and other professionals to showcase technology projects and tools being implemented across the country and internationally. The conference also provides an opportunity to network with a national community of colleagues and to cultivate project ideas that could lead to successful TIG applications.
Who Should Attend
- Legal aid advocates
- Legal technologists
- Court Self Help staff
- Pro bono coordinators
- Private attorneys
- Law School Professors
- Document assembly developers and project managers
- Law Librarians
- Anyone with an interest in how to use technology in the delivery of legal services
What Can I Learn
Session topics will cover a range of issues on how technology can increase access to justice, including:
- tools to improve limited scope or self-representation for those persons whom legal aid organizations are not able to represent fully;
- improving the efficiency and effectiveness of access, triage, and intake;
- encouraging and supporting pro bono;
- cutting edge technology developments for legal services using artificial intelligence
- delivering legal services remotely to hard-to-reach populations;
- providing legal services staff and pro bono advocates with better litigation and case development support;
- improving management and internal operations in legal aid offices, including the use of:
- case management systems
- telephone systems
- document management
- business process analysis
- networks and security
- project management
There will be an opportunity to exchange information in more informal Affinity Group sessions and dinners, which attendees help to determine at the time of registration. An ignite-style plenary called Rapid Fire Tech provides fast-paced presentations that highlight technology project successes, new ideas, and lessons learned.
All conference sessions will be held at the JW Marriott New Orleans, 614 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA. A conference room block will be available with registration.
Registration for the 2018 Innovations in Technology Conference will open by October 2017.
The official Twitter hashtag for the conference is #LSCITC